I'm sharing with you today something that I am really into... perfumes, colognes, body butter, and lotions. It's no secret, if you've been following me for a while, that I love Jo Malone fragrances. They're fresh, natural, and light. They all complement each other, so you can create your own fragrance by layering different scents on top of each other.
That's why I love them so much! I do have other brands in my collections that I also love and I just added Burberry Body to the mix and it's divine! I wish you could smell all of these gorgeous fragrances through the screen!
I will start with the fragrances in my Jo Malone Collection:
1. #1 Favorite Blackberry & Bay - think ever so slightly tart blackberries, a wisp of bay leaves and a touch of cedarwood! So fresh and summery. I'm currently out of this favorite. *sad face*
2. Peony and Blush Suede - the most sturdy, yet delecate floral fragrance! It's floraly with just the right amount of musk topped of with a burst of fruity apple - gorgeous and ladylike. If you could bottle up ladylike into a perfume bottle, this would be it.
3. Wood Sage and Sea Salt - this one smells like the salty sea air. Very airy with a hint of sage. This one is great for late summer although I wear it nearly year round :)
4.Pomegranite Noir Body Lotion - I have had the perfume of this in the past, but I much prefer this scent in the body lotion or butter. I layer this lotion or butter with a spritz of the Blackberry & Bay and it makes the most luxurious scent. The bath oil is also delicious!
5. Vanilla and Anise - I cannot find a direct link to this! I kind of feel like they may have discontinued this scent, which makes me so sad. Check your local Nordstrom, Neimans or if you've got a standalone Jo Malone store near you, see them they just might have a few left in stores. This one is perfect for if you want a hint of vanilla with just a dash of spice. I love to wear this during winter with a spritz of Red Roses.
6.Red Roses - Jo does the rose scent right. Rosey, with hints of lemon and honey. This one is sweet enough to wear on it's own, to compliment another scent and can be worn all year around. I wear this one a lot! It's gorgeous and light for every day.
7. The green bottle is called Nasturtium & Clover - this was part of a limited edition collection called Herb Garden that came out, I believe Spring of '16. It smells very 'green'- think floraly fresh cut grass bottled up into a pretty green tinted bottle.
The last two in my JM collection are 8. Blue Agave & Cocao and last but not least 9. Nutmeg & Ginger - these two I wear in the middle of winter as I feel they're much too warm for all year.
The other brands in my collection:
10. Burberry Body - this is a really great everyday wear perfume. I have been wearing this quite frequently since I picked it up. It's got a fresh freesia, peachy vibe to it. Making it ever so feminine. I love soft scents. This is really effortless! I know that Burberry isn't making it anymore. It is harder to find these days so I am really making the most of wearing it.
11. Cashmere Rose by Zara - while this was only about $15 from the high street retailer, it really is a jewel. I wouldn't in any way say that it smells like roses at all. To me, it is a knock off of Calvin Klein's Euphoria. It's more musky with a velvety vanilla finish. I love the pink saffiano leather case that it comes in. It makes it look pretty standing next to the others. :)
12. Modern Muse - I've been wearing this for about 3 years now. I love it, it's also one of those great every day wears - floraly and bright but not overdone!
If you've stayed with me until now, bless you! I wanted to share with you some of my favorite things this weekend!
I hope that you've enjoyed it. I have had so much fun rambling on and on. I know to most people finding a perfume probably is just smelling something, liking it, and then just buying it. It's an entire experience in itself, though- not every scent is universal. You must try them out and see what really works for you. :) It's half the fun of shopping for your signature scent(s)!
What scents do you like the most? What's your favorite brand and why?
Comment below, because I am always looking for new delicious fragrances to try!